Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Six Years In.

Its been six years of having It's Such a Good Feeling, and this is where I'm at:

I live in DC. I always walk up the escalators from the metro because ain't nobody got time to ride them. I love the city life--walking everywhere, good restaurants, all types of people.

I've been listening to all the Harry Potter audiobooks. Today I was walking down the street grinning like a fool because it was the Yule Ball and it was the first little glimpse of Ron and Hermione.

I'm about to graduate with my masters. This is not a drill. You will see pictures of me in the funny robes in less than 3 months.

Before then, I have 9.5 more weeks of internship, and two 20-page papers.

Current favorite thing to eat is bacon, egg, and blueberry bagel sandwiches.

I just got to the point where I felt like I could wear high heels in everyday life, but then I decided that it's ridiculous to do that to your ankles for no reason.

I finally enjoy doing jigsaw puzzles.

My niece Zaley is my love, light, and joy.


Instead of watching a new show, I'm just rewatching 30 Rock.

My favorite color is orange.

When I grow up, I want to be a cabinet secretary or an economist. I want to have a husband that I share child care responsibilities with and I want to be rich enough to own a beautiful row house.

I don't really write anymore, and I don't know why that is. I promised myself so many times that I wouldn't be one of those people who let my blog die. It'll never die, maybe just fade away someday. Not yet, though.

Here's to being six.

2 comments:

  1. Your blog should not end. Do not silence that voice inside of you that can only truly come out and sing when you write rather than speak.

    Do not go gentle into that good night,
    Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

    Happy Sixth! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I (we) (but that feels weird) am (are) also rewatching 30 Rock! It feels like when you try something new at your favorite restaurant but then you realize that was a mistake because you will never love anything as much as the one sandwich you already love. Looking at you, turkey focaccia.

    I need to know what dates, exactly, you will be coming back out West to wear funny robes. This is information you should text me, because I will not remember to check this comment. I feel an empathy for blogs that fade.

    ReplyDelete