Sunday, August 28, 2011

I like Kevin Bacon, but I hate Footloose.

One day I came up with this stroke of genius:

WHEN YOU DON'T HAVE GOALS, YOU DIE.


But it's actually true, though.

"Where there is no vision, the people perish"
Proverbs 29:18



I had some goals this summer, which I completed with varying degrees of success.

-Read ten books.


Ehh, I read two. And one of them was a teenage girl book about a polygamist compound.
But I read parts of others. Promise. I just can't make myself finish.

-Go on a date.
Check.

-Learn to rap.


You judge for yourself.

-Eat only one spoonful of ice cream a day.


Yeah, but why did I ever decided that should be one of my goals?

-Become less shy.



It's gotten a lot better.


But now we get to the part where I talk about the things I didn't mean to accomplish this summer but did.

-Loving people.


I don't know how to describe it, but I love people.
I love talking to people and meeting new people.
It's still hard, but it's the most rewarding thing there is.

-Deciding frozen pizza is actually gross and I want to cook real meals.


I spent too many years eating this every night.

-Becoming a lot better at the piano.


I guess practicing really works. How come I never knew that?

-Extinguishing a torch.


No need to carry that torch anymore.




This has been one of my best summers.
I consider it kind of a Golden Age.

3 comments:

  1. Hahahaha! Love that video! And I always figured I was more black than you! Buh lookatchoo, I ain' never made no rap video buhfore. Geddih girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the coolest ever.

    Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a rap, girl! Did you make it up or just rap it? Either way...it's great. Love your 'do.

    ReplyDelete