Friday, February 1, 2013

Don't be insecure, girl.

My motto is
 
Say what you need to say.
 
But this week, I've developed another one.
 
Don't be afraid,
because the things you're afraid of
are the things you should be excited about.
 
 
Obviously, I'm not talking about spiders or being robbed.
 
I'm talking about being afraid of talking to someone new,
or thinking about the future,
or tackling a large task.
 
When you're afraid,
it means there's potential.
 
And that's something to be excited about.
 


4 comments:

  1. Thanks, Rachel. That was a lovely post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll LOVE this article. I loved it when I read it and I've thought about it ever since :)
    https://sites.google.com/site/winter2012eng311shortstory/home/5-0-anxiety-challenge-by-another-name-by-james-lincoln-collier

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachel! You have no idea how much I needed that!! Oh my gosh. I love you. We really are kindred spirits! That's been my motto to, but you said it so much more eloquently.

    ReplyDelete