Friday, February 15, 2013

Pals.

In honor of yesterday,
I'd like to say something that I've been thinking about.

Being afraid of commitment
doesn't make sense.

Just in general.


It started back in evolutionary times, see?


You didn't want to die.
So you picked someone
to be your pal,
and stuck with 'em.
Hunting,
gathering,
raising littluns.

End of story.

...

Nowadays, it's not all that different.

You don't want to die alone
or live a life not worth living at all.

So you pick someone
to be your pal,
and you stick with 'em.


You talk to 'em
and give 'em things to eat,
go to the things that they care about.

Hunt.
Gather.
Raise littluns.

...

You're afraid your pal will leave you?
They won't.

When they do,
it hurts.

But if you don't even try,
you still don't have a pal.

So either way,
you die.

Dumb.

And everyone wants a pal.
So you'll find another one.
And you'll be happier than with your first pal.


Afraid you could find a better pal?

I guess that could happen,
but that's not what it's all about.

Haven't you ever made a decision
that you didn't end up regretting?

2 comments:

  1. I love this, and I really love you. Reading your blog just makes me smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was even better than I expected from your description. And from your description, I already expected it to rock my socks off.

    ReplyDelete