Monday, February 18, 2013

Then we can talk about life.

Yesterday,
we spent a moment at church meeting new people
by talking about who our perfect fictional love interests 
would be.

I said Gilbert Blythe.


But today, I realized
.
.
.
there's someone else.


Fyedka from Fiddler on the Roof.

Usually, I'm the first person to gag
during cheesy romantic parts of movies.
Just ask me how I feel about rose petals.

But even I have my moments.

Take a look at the first part of this.


Let's just ignore the whole bit where
he turns her away from her religion and family.

Otherwise, a Fyedka is perfect for me.
.
.
Just before the clip starts,
he tells some buddies who are teasing her 
to leave her alone.

He's willing to fight for her,
as she would be for him.
.
.
I've often noticed you at the bookseller's.
Not many girls in this village like to read.

He notices that she's smart and interesting.
.
.
Would you like to borrow this book?
It's very good.

He's smart and interesting.
.
.
Do you feel about me the way they feel about you?
I didn't think you would.

He helps her see when she's being dumb.
.
.
Let me tell you about myself.
I'm a pleasant fellow,
charming, honest, ambitious, quite bright.
And very modest.

He's funny. 
See the way he waits for her to laugh?
He's got some pizzazz.
.
.
And the kicker:

Go ahead.
Take the book.
And after you return it,
I'll ask you how you like it.
And we can talk about it for a while.
Then we can talk about life.
And how we feel about things.

That's all you need.

1 comment:

  1. YES! Let me tell you why I'm so excited. Firstly, I love Fiddler on the Roof. I was raised with it. Not enough people have seen it, which leads me to Secondly, I'm happy you've seen it. Lastly, I love that you picked one of the men from that movie! This was all such a good feeling to end my day on.

    ReplyDelete