Friday, September 16, 2011

Who am I, Kylie?

Yesterday in Geography, I had an

existential crisis.




No really.


We had a 5-6 page paper due on the cultural landscape of Provo-Orem.

I was having a busy week
(what else is new?)
so I had only started it the night before.


I had gone to bed at 1 am, woken up at 5 am to finish it.


Finally, I made it to class, and turned my finished-at-the-last-minute product into the pile.


A few minutes later, I looked at the growing stack of papers and thought,

"Now which one of those is even mine?"



In one quick moment, all the hours I had spent toiling seemed meaningless,
as my creation was swallowed into the faceless sea of words.





"Why a fox? Why not a horse, or a beetle, or a bald eagle? I'm saying this more as, like, existentialism, you know? Who am I?"

1 comment:

  1. Is that from Fantastic Mr. Fox? becuz that movie creeps me out :)

    ReplyDelete