Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Tilly McBroom.

I still love Utah as much as ever,

but I've really been missing the East.

Old New Castle, Delaware.

I've been wanting to see a good ol' East Coast deciduous forest. 

I want to go to Walden Pond and quote transcendentalists and suck out all the marrow of life.



I especially miss the ethnic and religious diversity of home.

We were talking about ethnic groups in my Human Geography class.

And I realized I miss the Italians.


I miss the Irish.
I miss how everyone is Irish at St. Patrick's Day.


I miss the Polish last names.
Like Wozniak & Lewandowski.


I miss going to high school with the children of Chinese & Indian immigrants.


I had no idea that black Americans made up only 13% of the US.
I miss them.



I miss being from a place where everyone was Catholic. 
I remember being jealous that everyone in elementary school got to go to CCD and I didn't.


I miss Jews, too. 

Senator Joe Lieberman spoke at BYU today.
He's Jewish, if you didn't know that.


Doesn't that sound nice?

(I sincerely hope none of these pictures are offensive.)

2 comments:

  1. I kid you not I have dreamt about home and Delaware almost every night this week! Autumn makes me miss home!!!!!! I wanna go back!

    ReplyDelete