Sunday, October 14, 2012

Anonymous.

I received an anonymous note today,
which I really appreciated.


But it also made me uneasy.

I brandished it about my apartment, exclaiming,
"WHO DID THIS?"

And it made me think,

why be anonymous?

I mean,
it probably makes the compliment less awkward
for the person to give.

But I really like awkward compliments,
when you just know you have to give them,
so you dive in headfirst
and don't look back.
And then you're proud of yourself.

But that's just who I am.

Which,
interestingly,
was kind of the subject of the note.

"Thanks for being an example of doing what you like no matter what
and trying to make others happy by doing it."

Thanks,
anonymous note writer,
for reminding me that the quirky parts of myself
are the good parts.

But if you want to let me know who you are,
that'd be okay, too.

1 comment:

  1. Hahahaha! I can just see you going around the apartment, brandishing an anonymous note, demanding, "Who did this?!" Love it!

    ReplyDelete