Thursday, March 20, 2014

The First Day of Spring in Pictures.

This last year,
I celebrated
and the summer solstice.

I'm so grateful
that the internet told me this morning
that it was the vernal equinox,
or I would have missed it.

 Wearing sandals
in 30 degree weather
because it's the first day of spring:
Priceless.

2 feet inside the front door
of Walmart.
To everyone obsessed with Frozen:
Let it go. 

 First time filling out a bracket.
I love things
where I get to make
lots of arbitrary choices.
Looks like
I was feeling good
about Villanova
at the time.

 Why, yes.
I'm glad you asked.
This is a cat
holding a genie's lamp
that is emitting flowers.
Looks like that cat
wished for the first day of spring.
(Happy birthday, Alyssa!)

Ran 10 miles straight
for the first time in my life.
Passed this beauty.

 This strawberry
exactly resembles the one
that Cindy Lou Who gets
in How the Grinch Stole Christmas.
It would later become
an integral component
of my strawberries and cream.

To bid winter goodbye,
I ceremonially threw out
the dead flowers I've had
for two months.

Now, listen to this:


Congratulations!
It's really
and truly
and officially spring.
I'm so happy I could cry.

No comments:

Post a Comment