Monday, April 28, 2014

No Words: Parks and Recreation.

I recently watched
the first five seasons
of Parks and Recreation
in one long, glorious binge.

(No spoilers.
I need to catch up
on the most recent one.)

There are no words to describe
how much I love it.

If you could combine
the love I feel
for my three or four closest friends,
that's how much I love
every character on that show.

I have shed actual tears
four or five times
because I was so moved.

The first time
was on Ron's birthday.


My heart would be so happy
if I could move to Pawnee
and be friends with those people.

I love when the corners of April's mouth
can't help but turn up.

I love how much Donna loves her Benz.

I want to be 
a watered-down version of Leslie:
always giving the best gifts,
celebrating obscure anniversaries,
and loving Joe Biden.

I love when Ron rolls his eyes
and smiles behind his moustache.

I love every word of wisdom
Ron has ever distilled.

Mostly, there are no words to describe
how much I love Ron Swanson.

I'm sorry,
but swoon.


1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness. I could not agree more. Parks and Rec is a definite favorite.

    ReplyDelete