Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Best Friend Forever for Life for Realsies.


This is Brooke.


YOU JUST HAVE TO GIVE HER A TRY.
YOU'LL LIKE HER.

Because she sings like an angel.
She can't wake up in the morning.
She loves Cheez-Its.
She eats like a fifth grader.

She makes all of the beautiful things.
And she is all of the beautiful things:
earnest
kind
hilarious
true
driven
smart

I love her
for going on adventures with me,
for introducing me to Jimmy Fallon,
for watching 
all the Hilary Duff movies
with me,
for always being willing to split
a Little Caesars pizza.

I'm so grateful
that I woke up this year
on New Year's Day
and heard her singing all the words
to "Beauty and the Beat"
while she cleaned the kitchen.

I'm so grateful
for the time
I walked in the side door
and she was sitting on the couch
and she just started talking.

I'm so grateful
for a summer full
of Monday night church activities
when Brooke took turns
sitting in the back seat of the car.

When it comes down to it,
we don't have that much in common,
except loving each other.

Whatever she does,
I want to be standing somewhere on the side,
just so proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment