Friday, November 6, 2015

No one is to blame.

I sometimes think about how many songs there are in this world. I wonder how it's possible that all notes that exist haven't been put together in all possible combinations already.

And even though there are millions of lyrics out there, I still can't believe it when I find one that perfectly describes how I feel. It's a thrill.

But really, there are probably songs that describe everything I've ever felt. There are already songs out there that that describe how I'll feel in 30 years, but I just don't know it yet.

I found a song that someone wrote 30 years ago about what my life has been like ever since I started dating.

I've dipped my foot in the pool but I couldn't have a swim.
I've been the fastest runner, but I wasn't allowed to win.
I've felt the punishment, even though I couldn't commit the sin.

And no one ever is to blame.

1 comment:

  1. :) the '80s…. Best described by that guy in the "Puppyhood" commercial :)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3MtFGWRXAA

    ReplyDelete