Saturday, July 9, 2016

Trampolines.

Recently, I was driving to Target and I saw some kids jumping on a trampoline while an adult sat in a chair and watched them.

And I realized that my time for trampolines had passed.

Trampolines are for children. You never see adults on a trampoline. Trampolines just exist to give adults nightmares about their children flying off and breaking their heads.

I even had a trampoline growing up. And I never once appreciated it the way it deserved. Sometimes I lay under it in the shade-covered grass. Sometimes I took my soccer ball on it with me and pretended I was an elite athlete who used this unconventional form of training to gain control over unpredictable bounces and jumps.

I never once truly let my little body fly and flip. And now my time for trampolines is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment