Monday, May 2, 2011

The Moyeski Doctrine.

You've got the Truman Doctrine,
the Monroe Doctrine.
Some pretty great stuff.
Well I think it's about time I had my own doctrine:
the Moyeski Doctrine.

Politics.
Foreign policy.
I'm pretty hard-hitting.





1. You know me. I don't like current events until they've become history.
So I don't have anything to say about Osama Bin Laden being killed.










Okay, I do.

a. I hate seeing twenty-three facebook statuses in a row about the same thing.

b. It seems a bit creepy to me that we're gathering together to wave flags and sing our national anthem because he's dead. Doesn't that sound more like what the terrorists do when they kill us? Aren't we supposed to be "better" than them?

c. Oh, so now Obama's suddenly a good president? (THIS STATEMENT IS NOT AFFILIATED WITH ANY POLITICAL PARTY. I'm completely nonpartisan. Just sayin'. He really wa'n't doing anything before.)


I thought a picture of Bin Laden would be too scary.



2. My other bit of foreign policy:
Royal Wedding.

I was obsessed for a little while, but I think I've come back to reality.


This picture makes me laugh.
It reminds me of all those pictures of Nicholas & Alexandra and their family.
And you gotta love those shoulder things the little boys have got.
Like Prince Charming from Cinderella!


I like him because he's more historically relevant than Snow White's or Aurora's princes.
He's from Imperial Europe.
And he's got larger-than-life portraits of himself on the walls of his palace.
Maybe painted by David--you never know.
I decided I want those kinds of portraits in my house when I grow up.


And there'll be a whole hall devoted to them.



3. Wouldn't it be more righteous for a die hard BYU fan to be a democrat than a republican?


I mean, you wouldn't want a Cougar to have to be associated with the color red.
At all.
Just sayin'.











I wanted it to have fourteen points,
but then again, I'm no Woodrow Wilson.
But who is?

2 comments:

  1. You are brilliant and amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My thought exactly:

    b. It seems a bit creepy to me that we're gathering together to wave flags and sing our national anthem because Bin Laden's dead. Doesn't that sound more like what the terrorists do when they kill us? Aren't we supposed to be "better" than them?

    ReplyDelete