Thursday, March 29, 2012

Just a-walkin' down the street.

Today, I met the man of my dreams.

His name is Jared.

I was on the way to the Testing Center to take a test, and he asked me about my LBJ button.

Good start.

(haha.)

So I told him I like presidents.

He said he liked presidents, too!

What?

He said,

"I was just watching Kennedy's inaugural address, actually.

I just love that stuff.

It feeds my soul.

You know,

'Ask not what your country can do for you,

but what you can do for your country.'


I started crying in the library.

It was so embarrassing.

I teared up just now just talking about it."


I looked at him, and it was true.

There was a glint in his eye!


I mostly walked in silence because I was so dumbfounded.

I've been wondering for a long time where all the other people are in the world who would wear retro campaign buttons on their backpacks.

I think I just found him!


Then he went into the JSB to go to class. And I continued on to the Testing Center.

He told me his name was Jared, and I said I was Rachel, and he said,

"Nice to meet you, Rachel-lover-of-presidents."



Don't worry.
I did a ring check,
and we're clear.

So now, I just need to run into him again somehow, and we'll fall into beautiful, historical love. 

The end.

2 comments:

  1. Oh I hope this story continues! You need to marry someone who'd tear up during Kennedy's inaugural address

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this much, haha. I hope you find him again :)

    ReplyDelete