Saturday, September 29, 2012

I can do hard things.

Today, I ran under a waterfall.


I didn't want to, because I didn't want to get wet.

But really,
I wanted to.

I have two friends named Angela & Amy.

They did it, and they told me how much fun it was.

I said no,
and I said no,
until I remembered

that running under waterfalls is how you learn to do hard things.

I have hard things to do in life.

And little victories,
like running under a waterfall,
are warm-ups for the big moments.

Sometimes all it takes is twenty seconds of insane courage.


"Life is either a daring adventure
or nothing."
Helen Keller

2 comments:

  1. This is such a wonderful post! Thanks for this Rachel. Remember this next week when you have to do another hard thing. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh. Rachel. Girl. You are so wise. You know what life's about. I love you

    ReplyDelete