Sunday, December 9, 2012

The condescension of God.

I am a Christian.

And I love Jesus Christ.

I know that Jesus Christ lived as a god,
but he came to where we are
to be with us and help us.

Joy to the world, the Lord is come!

"He came down to earth from heaven,
who is God and Lord of all.
And His shelter was a stable.
And His cradle was a stall.
With the poor, and meek, and lowly
lived on earth our Savior holy."

Jesus Christ with the lowly
at the pool of Bethesda

"Our God, heav'n cannot hold Him,
nor earth sustain.
Heav'n and earth shall flee away
when He comes to reign.

Jesus Christ at His second coming.

In the bleak midwinter
a stable place sufficed.
The Lord God Almighty,
Jesus Christ."

"For as surely as thou livest,
behold, I have seen my Redeemer;
and he shall come forth, and be born of a woman,
and he shall redeem all mankind who believe on his name.
Now, when he had said these words,
his heart was swollen within him,
and he sunk again with joy"

When I think about these things,
I feel happy!

I feel important
and not alone.

And that's enough for me
to know they're real.

1 comment: