Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Miserable.

Well, it happened.

I'm obsessed with Les Miserables.


I was dead set against it.

But this is what I wrote my sister:
"I realized that I have resisted Les Miserables
because I feel like EVERYONE likes it.
And you know how I feel about musicals.
And I feel like people who like it
tend to think they're somethin special.

But I watched the trailer,
and I started tearing up when I saw the dirty French children
running through the streets.

How could I NOT love it?

I mean, I love France,
and revolutions,
and the common man fighting for his place in the world.

I need to be more humble."


And I saw the movie,
and those French revolutionaries did me right in.

Not to mention the themes of sacrifice,
redemption,
justice and mercy,
and love.

Lesson in humility.

There's no going back.

No comments:

Post a Comment