Monday, July 22, 2013

How to Be My Boyfriend.


Today, I found a list I'd once made
in a little notebook.

It was probably about 3 years ago.

This is what it said:

How to Be My Boyfriend:
1. Hair: cut it short
2. Piano: play it
3. Suits: wear them
4. History: love it
5. Serious: be it

It's absurd on so many levels.
I don't even know where to begin.

Well, here goes:
What boys do I even know
that don't have short hair?
This is Provo.

Why so much stock in playing the piano?
I already play the piano.
He can have his own hobbies.

...

Truth is,
this list was written by a me
who know little if anything
about anything.

All I can do
is laugh kindly at her,
pat her head,
and say,
"There, there dear."

...

Post Script:
I guess I'm looking back at that Rachel
too harshly.

She wasn't serious.
It was just for fun.

I tried to think
of what I would write on such a list now.

And all I could come up with was

1. Beard: grow one

No comments:

Post a Comment