Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Miss Pardee.


This is Amy.

And this is my favorite
picture of her.
And I love borrowing
that headband.

Today,
this girl put on her teacher pants,
walked into the second grade
and
taught
children.

She's not some student teacher.
She has her very own class.
For the whole year.
And today was just day one.

I know. 
I'm speechless too.

Whenever I think about doing that,
I get the hives.
Basically.

I mean,
what do you teach them
all
day
long?
Every.
Day.

How did any of us
make it through elementary school?

(To all my elementary school teachers:
Thank you.)

Anyway.
The thing is,
she's gonna make those kids
love second grade.

When you're around her,
she'll make ya laugh.
She'll make ya cry
(only in the good way).

She'll make ya learn stuff.
I used to take notes
when we would have our girl talks
because they were always so insightful.
True story.

Way to go, Miss Pardee!
You're a real woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment