Saturday, May 10, 2014

May 9.


May 9 was the six-year anniversary
of my taking the AP US History exam.

I'll never forget that date
for as long as I live.

It also happened to be
my one year anniversary
of working at UVU.


I have loved every minute of it,
minus student government elections week
when there were
literally
hundreds
of
the
same
posters
around
school.

I love that it used to be a vocational school,
that the architecture is hideous,
that all the buildings are connected
so you can get anywhere without going outside.

That when you do go outside,
the view of the mountains
and the lake
is incredible.


I love that the new UVUSA meeting room
looks like the Jedi Council chamber.

That it's sometimes impossible
to distinguish between
the professors and the students.

That the university president
stood in the hall
on the first day of school
and said hi to everyone.

That there's a stuffed wolverine
by the entrance.
That once upon a time,
someone in the hall
handed me a wolverine temporary tattoo
for no reason.

I could go on and on.

It's a great place.

No comments:

Post a Comment