Tuesday, May 13, 2014

She's not Polynesian; she's Finnish.



This here is Erin.


Besides talking to birds,
she is always making things beautiful.

Her fingernails, for instance.

And it's because of an exquisite meal
she made for dinner group last year
that I  now like brussels sprouts.

She listens to me talk
all the time.
For so long.

She tells me when I'm being dumb
and should be kinder to myself.

And she'll do anything with me
that I think sounds fun.

I remember when I was newly obsessed with
and I took her to a show with me.

Even though I remember her
not liking it that much,
I saw the ticket stub
on the wall of her bedroom
half a year later.

I can't count how many times
I've heard her offer
to accompany someone to the doctor
or to take their car to get fixed.
Just so they don't have to do it alone.

She wants to be a good friend to people,
she wants to be a contributing member
of any group of people she's a part of,
and she wants to be a better version
of herself.

And she's all those things.

No comments:

Post a Comment