Wednesday, October 15, 2014

This century is for the birds.


Today, I talked to my friend Taylor
about his family's mink farm
and how good it is for kids
to spend summers shoveling poop.

And then later we all talked about
dads who make their kids
shoot their own pet dogs
because they killed one of mom's chickens.

And then I found out
that they're going to make
"at least" a trilogy of
Harry Potter spinoff movies
about Fantastic Beasts & Where to Find Them.

And then I went to the grocery store
and all the foods
were packed with sugar
and fat
and sodium
and they were all expensive
and I couldn't buy anything
because it's all going to kill me
or at least make me go broke.

By the time I got home,
I was almost in tears.

Can't we all live on farms
and grow our own food
and eat it
and learn hard lessons about life and death
and spend time outside for fun
instead of paying $10 each time
a new version
of the same old movie
comes to theaters?

I know I'm overly romantic,
but I don't think I want to live
in this world anymore.

I feel exhausted.

No comments:

Post a Comment