Sunday, March 27, 2011

Five Hundred Twenty-Five Thousand Six Hundred.

How do you measure a year?

(Side note: I hate when people rhyme life with strife, as they do in the above-paraphrased song. Is there anything triter? How often do you hear the word strife in actual use? It's just that word we save for when we want to rhyme with life and we don't want to be original AT ALL. Perhaps they should try life and trite--a slant rhyme would liven things up.)

I just realized that exactly one year ago today, this happened:

Preparing.

I don't know why I didn't realize that I wouldn't be able to breathe while I was down there.

The initial aftermath.

Maybe vanilla should have been chosen instead? But I'm digging my eyelashes.

A year? What? No. That was like, five months ago, max.

"Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better man."
Benjamin Franklin (Rodriguez)


1 comment:

  1. Hahahahaha! "I don't know why I didn't realize that I wouldn't be able to breathe while I was down there"! Classic.

    ReplyDelete