Thursday, March 17, 2011

St. Patrick's Day

I'm kind of a St. Patrick's Day Grinch.

But ironically enough, even the Grinch has enough holiday spirit to wear green.

Guess who's NOT wearing green today?

I mean, it's weird, because I love holidays. And I also love Ireland.



The Book of Kells.

So why do I hate St. Patrick's Day? It might have something to do with my brother convincing me as a child that I didn't need to celebrate it because we're not Irish.

But I think it's reallllllly because I remember getting made fun of in elementary school for not wearing green. And you know me - sometimes the more people want me to do something, the more adamantly I avoid it!

Sorry, I know this is annoying. Give it time.

1 comment:

  1. It's hard. It's a challenge. But I guess we can still be friends.

    ReplyDelete