Saturday, June 18, 2011

BYU

You don't have to like BYU.

But I love it.


I love it because it believes in me.

The Brigham Young University Mission Statement says:

The mission of Brigham Young University--founded, supported, and guided by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints--is to assist individuals in their quest for perfection and eternal life. That assistance should provide a period of intensive learning in a stimulating setting where a commitment to excellence is expected and the full realization of human potential is pursued.

I know that my being here means that a whole host of people trust me to do good in the world.




I love it because it is a place of light.


The sun is always shining through some glorious window.



I love it because it is a place of peace.



I love it because it is a place of love.



Yesterday and today, I attended my third BYU New Student Orientation.

I don't think I cried when I was a freshman, but as an upperclassman, I always cry when I go.

BYU is the most beautiful and blessed place.
And I wouldn't want to be anywhere else, not for anything.

3 comments:

  1. I love you. I love BYU. I love you+BYU even more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whether or not I agree with you totally depends on my mood :) I think i'm sure you understand.

    ReplyDelete