Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Come what may and love it.

It was the best of days; it was the worst of days.

Stressful things:

Waking up at 4 am.

A million hours of studying for my Old English exam.

Eating no bake cookies, a donut, potato chips, and ice cream for breakfast.
(Yes, that really happened.)

Head too small for my body. 
(Compared to what?)

 Being socoldsocoldI'mgonnadie.

Greek participles.

Not finishing my homework.

Falling asleep in the computer lab.

No clean laundry.

Dry skin.

People who won't be quiet.


Coworkers leaving without warning.

Nice things:

Professor not collecting the homework that you didn't do.

Understanding Greek participles more than you thought.

Friends in class.

100% on an exam!

Educated guessing.

Learning the geography of religion.

Knowing all the passages on the Old English exam.

Having the oldest Doctrine & Covenants in the room.

Talking to the boy next to you in D&C.

Friendly strangers.

It not being as cold as you thought.

Dozing.





Lessons to draw:
#1 - If you sit there and let life happen to you, you realize it's all pretty funny.
As Elder Wirthlin would say, come what may and love it!

#2 - Heavenly Father knows you! I prayed that He would send me any blessing He could, and He did!

It made me think of this:

whose mighty hand hath made me whole,
whose wondrous pow'r hath raised me up
and filled with sweet my bitter cup.


1 comment:

  1. I love it! Most days are like that for me. But at the end of the day (when I'm writing in my gratitude journal) if you just focus on the good, you fall asleep with a HUGE smile on your face. Or laughing.

    ReplyDelete