Friday, November 11, 2011

Take up our quarrel with the foe.

Happy Veterans/Armistice/Remembrance Day.

(A WWI veteran.)

Today I talked patriotism and nostalgia with my dad.

He called me the Queen of Nostalgia.

Well, yeah.

I'm also the Queen of Celebrating Holidays.

How to celebrate Veterans Day:
1. Wear a remembrance poppy.




3. Listen to "Passchendaele" by Good Books.


4. Eat ravioli.


President Wilson invited veterans to the White House to eat ravioli 
on the first Armistice Day.

I myself had Chef Boyardee.

5. Think about America and war and peace and sacrifice and the whole world.


This is the most important part.


Try it. You just might come to love a more obscure holiday, too. :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm not sure how number three relates, but whatever.
    I love veteran's day because all three of my grandfathers are vets, and I always think of them. Love you Grampses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you listen to it? It's about a guy who dies in WWI. Passchendaele was one of the WWI battles.

    ReplyDelete