Friday, November 9, 2012

Take a little extra time.

Yesterday, I sat down on a bench on campus
and tried something new:

The bench by the trashcan in the middle of the picture,
to be exact.

doing one thing at a time.

Somehow I hadn't caught on to this,
but I guess not everyone multitasks
all
the
time
like I do.

Weird.

But it was a hard day,
so I just decided to eat lunch.

Just eat lunch.

No work
or homework
or even friends to talk to.

It was nice outside,
and the leaves were blowing around.

Let's pretend BYU looks like this.

I practiced looking at each person that walked by
and saying,
"Everyone is just as good as everyone else."

And I thought of this:

"It may seem odd to think of having 
a relationship with ourselves,
but we do.
Some people can't get along with themselves.
They criticize and belittle themselves all day long
until they begin to hate themselves.

May I suggest that you
reduce the rush
and take a little extra time to get to know yourself better.

Walk in nature,
watch a sunrise,
enjoy God's creations,
ponder the truths of the restored gospel,
and find out what they mean for you personally.

Learn to see yourself as Heavenly Father sees you--
as His precious daughter or son
with divine potential."

President Uchtdorf

It really worked.

2 comments:

  1. Rachel, this was beautiful! Thanks for taking time to write your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh. Thanks for sharing that quote. I need to practice that.

    ReplyDelete