Wednesday, February 26, 2014

I was wrong about myself.


Have you ever thought about
what particular traits you have
that make you lovable?

Maybe it's just me,
but I have a short list in my head
of things that I would like
the people who love me
to love me for.

I remember once,
there was a boy who liked me.
And I was sure
that he didn't know me well enough
to appreciate the things
on my list.

And so his crush on me made me mad.

No!
How can you think you like me
if you don't know the things about me
worth appreciating?

(Not saying
that was the best way
to view the situation.
I know
I was immature about it.)

Anyway,
I've always thought
that right at the top of my list
was my perspective.
The way I view the world.
The way I see beauty in everything.

I love that about myself.

But lately,
I realized
that I was wrong about myself.

The best thing about me,
the most important thing about me,
is 
the way 
I love people.

I can't believe I didn't see that.


1 comment:

  1. Especially how you love Abraham Lincoln. And I mean that.

    ReplyDelete