Friday, February 14, 2014

You are my sunshine.


This is Lizzie.
My dear, dear Lizzie.


She's in a tree
because she's the most adventurous girl
you could ever dream of knowing.

It was because of her
that we skipped work and class
and left at 11 p.m. 
to drive through the night to San Diego.
And I saw palm trees for the first time.

Knowing her is an adventure, too,
because she is spectacularly interesting.
And you get to learn that 
a piece at a time,
one secret special bit at a time.

Here is the condensed version:

She's a bohemian cowgirl,
a maker of stunning meals,
a first-rate hugger,
a teller of hilarious bad date stories.

She wants to do everything
and I'm sure she could
if only she had five lives' worth of hours
to do it all in.

When I think of her,
I think of someone who spends her time well,
who improves herself,
who has good things to say about people,
and includes them.

Her hair is sunshine
and her smile is sunshine
and her life is sunshine.

And I love her.


One of the best things about her
is how modest she is.

She blushes and giggles
if you say anything nice about her.

Which is an extra perk
of writing this blog post.

No comments:

Post a Comment