Monday, September 1, 2014

The Movie Theater.


I don't like going to the movie theater.

For most people,
it's just an entertaining experience.

But I nearly have an existential crisis
every time.

Why are all these previews
for action movies?

Hercules, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes,
Guardian of the Galaxy.
Aren't they all just the same plot
wrapped up in different packaging?

Why do people continue
to spend money
on movies like this?

WHAT AM I DOING
AT A MOVIE LIKE THIS?

Why is The Fault in Our Stars
a thing?
I want to throw up.

Why do people pay so much money
for popcorn?

Why didn't I get popcorn?

Why is every movie theater bathroom
decorated in black and purple and red?

Why is that lone man
laughing so much more
than everyone else?

Is that laugh for real?
It sounds like something
out of a movie.

I saw this at the dollar theater yesterday,
and the truth is that I enjoyed watching it.
I'll probably never watch it again.

1 comment:

  1. Movie theaters are crazy. I love 'em, though. And I totally second you on the movie bathrooms...what is up with that blasted color scheme?

    ReplyDelete