Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Full Time Job.


What working eight hours a day
feels like:

Today,
I had to go to an orientation
for new employees.

I'm a new employee
because I have a different job now,
but me and UVU are like this.
*someone crossing fingers*

So I was familiar with
everything they went over
in the morning--
setting up your email,
Wolverine Wednesday,
tuition waivers.

Luckily,
we got a continental breakfast.

(Continental breakfasts
are becoming
one of my favorite things
in this world.)

I ate my maple donut,
then opened my apple juice.

Not until I tried to drink
out of it
did I realize
that half of it
was frozen
into a bottle-shaped
mass of ice.

So
for two hours,
I listened with one ear
and watched my frozen apple juice
s
l
o
w
l
y
m
e
l
t

I found this
on the internet.
I tried to figure out where
so I could cite it,
but that took me down
a large Pinterest rabbit hole.

No comments:

Post a Comment