Thursday, July 19, 2012

Nostalgia.

You may have heard that I'm the Queen of Nostalgia.
You would be right.


Today, I'm nostalgic for
tennis.

Ah for the summer days
when I could spend all afternoon
lazing in the cool air conditioning
in front of the television
watching tennis.


Not just tennis.

Wimbledon.


The classy white outfits.


Not to mention the line judges' outfits.


The grass courts that get worn as the fortnight slips away.


Love-hate relationships with the announcers.


Rain delays.



I love it all.

It reminds me of so many good summers with my sister.


Oh to eat strawberries and cream
and watch the action
from Henman Hill.


I hadn't heard who the winner of Wimbledon 2012 was,
so I decided to look it up.

And I was amazed as I looked through the bracket--
it's all the same old names that I know and love.


Some names that I haven't thought of in years!

Roger Federer
Andy Murray
Novak Djokovic
Jo-Wilfried Tsonga
Florian Mayer
Mikhail Youzhny
David Ferrer
Philipp Kohlschreiber
Richard Gasquet
Xavier Malisse
Juan Martin Del Potro
Marin Cilic
Mardy Fish
Radek Stepanek
Fernando Verdasco
Janko Tipsarevic
Andy Roddick
Ivo Karlovic
Jurgen Melzer
Jarkko Nieminen
Rafael Nadal
Lleyton Hewitt
Stanislas Wawrinka
Tommy Haas

This list makes me so happy.

2 comments:

  1. me too, girl, me too.
    this whole post was the best.
    those be our guuuuyyys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'd be happy to know I watched pretty much ALL of Wimbledon because I was laid up with post-surgery toes and had to soak me feet all the time. What better thing to do whilst my toes chill in the epsom salt than watch Wimbledon. It is a beautiful thing.

    ReplyDelete