Friday, May 3, 2013

Love means never having to say you're sorry.

You may know that I hate chick flicks.
I have written about it
on more than one occasion.

They pretty much all go like this:
Relationship
Tension
Happiness
Conflict
10 minutes of agony
Resolution
End

If only it were my job to write them.

1. In the resolution, they'd always say
I'm sorry
and
I love you.

I don't care what they meant by this.
It's a huge lie.

No, you can't just kiss.
I mean, you can kiss.
Sure.
But not until after you say
I'm sorry
and I love you.

Words are important.

2. The resolution would not immediately be followed
by the end.

Life is hard.
And it's still gonna be hard,
even though you're in love.


And I'd like to see a little of that.

3. Please, can we get a little less
dancing in the street
and kissing in the rain?


Life isn't like that.

But honestly,
sometimes life is like that.

And then,
especially then,
you shouldn't talk about it too much.
It's only special
because it's yours.

Telling someone about it
makes it a little less special--
not to mention how unspecial it becomes
when you watch two people
act it out in a movie.

...

Okay.
Rant over.

1 comment: