Friday, February 20, 2015

I hate everything I've never tried.

Today, I got sushi for the first time.

We went out to celebrate Kristen passing her licensing exam, but I, of course, stole the limelight when I kept going on and on about how nervous I was.

A few months ago, I got into an actual argument with my coworkers because they said I couldn't say I didn't like sushi if I had never tried it.

But why did I have to try it if I just knew I wouldn't like it?

Anyway, there I found myself, and it was too late to turn back. I was a mess. The woman tried to hand us a dish to put our soy sauce in and I just sat there and stared at her and wouldn't take it out of her hand.

But we made it through that debacle and I ordered the California Crunch--crab and avocado, tempura style. Because crab dip is good, right?

The truth is it was okay.

I mean, it was. It was okay. It didn't make me gag. I didn't like the fishy taste, but I did eat the whole roll, besides the pieces I shared with my friends.

By the last piece, though, my ability to lie to myself that I actually liked it was wearing thin. I downed a lot of water as soon as possible.

But I did it. I tried it. EventhoughtobehonestIwasrightallalongwhenIsaidIwouldn'tlikeit.
#justsaying



My one consolation was that I at least knew how to use chopsticks.

No comments:

Post a Comment