Friday, February 27, 2015

Reek.

Yesterday, I left my house and it was surprisingly warm. I passively took in the clouds that were hanging low over Mount Timpanogos as I got in my car and drove to work.

Here's the thing. It started snowing. How come I couldn't see the signs? They were all there--the temperature, the clouds. But there I was, not in boots, but in flats, not having even thought twice about it.

I went up to school, where I walked across a campus of sidewalks all covered in a centimeter of water. My shoes soaked through, dried in class, and then soaked through again on the way back to the train.

The truth, and the reason I'm writing this, is that when I got home and took off my shoes, they reeked. So much so that I couldn't leave them by my bed, otherwise I wouldn't have been able to sleep.

I tossed them to the far side of my bedroom, and there I think they will stay for quite a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment